Friday 28 February 2014

Cover page progress.


I started my cover page design with my own photos of the leader singing for my band. Iv placed the image filling the whole page like clash and I-D do with their cover page images normally quite close up as well which i took for my cover page and position my model in the middle of the page shoulders in the center looking straight at the reader to attract my audiences attention more. 


I then place my masthead, which i positioned with influence from I-D magazine, having their masthead going vertically down the side of the cover page and being as my magazine title is short it fitted like I-D to place the title in the position.  


Because half way through my research into my making of my magazine i decided to make it a music and fashion magazine i had to place that somewhere on the cover page to tell the readers. So like clash do with their music/fashion/film magazine i placed mine to fit with the masthead and underneath to give a professional look. 


Then i had a place my subheading onto my page which i fitted onto his jacket as i wanted all text on my cover page to be white and having all text placed within his jacket worked and placed more attention to his face then. Like clash magazine do i place a quote on the cover from the main magazine article to entice readers attention to read on and find out more.


I then placed some more text onto my cover page, some tasters of whats appearing in this magazines issue. Which again i placed within the models jacket at the bottom of the page in line with the sub header, like clash magazine though i wanted this text on the cover page to stand out so i made it a big size to fill the whole gap of the models jacket i had to fill. I did this to make the cover page look organized but still keeping its style and look simply.

Finally i added my bar code which i placed in right hand side cover but a bit more into the page like with clash does with their bar codes as it looks more sophisticated. Then with the bar code the issue number, date and price in white to carry on the white text on the cover page to look professional and simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment