Thursday 6 March 2014

Double page spread progress.

My double page spread ideas were developed from my draft but i wanted to start from blank. As this time i was more influence by clash i tried to interpret some of their double page spread features. I started with featuring the articles writer, photography and fashion of the double page spread to make my magazine look like a real magazine and professional.
I also wanted to place a pull quote on my double page spread but not in the article as i don't find that effective with my style i am going for. So i decided to place a catchy quote from my article at the top of the page in a bigger and bolder font then the actual article text and any other text appearing on my pages.

Like all common basic articles i had to place a title somewhere so as inspired by clash i copied their article title layout of being in a bigger bolder text and just above the article and towards the center of the page, to make it look more different and unique to common conventional music magazines.

Then to add my article, as i knew my whole article wouldn't be placed on the double page spread what was going to be shown would have to be what attracts the reader the most to carry on through the magazine to read the rest of the article on this music band. The layout of my text was inspired my clash as well, as their layouts are simply but different which is that that will attract my indie/alternative, indie scenesters target audience. So i copied their text layout having the first line of text shorter than the second line of text and starting from the left.

My image was then placed on the other side of the page filling this page. I decided to do some editing to this image i was using as it was an image showing the whole band but it was only the lead that was being interview in this part of the article. I thought having the whole band showing would show the readers the whole picture that they are wanting to know reading this article. In the editing of this image i decided to create the image black and white, but then thought that was too obvious and common, so instead i added a bit of warmth to the image, making it look more grey. 

I decided to make this double page look real and professional to add a piece of text at the bottom of the image explaining whats in the image and who the models are. I thought this would look really effective as it shows my thoughts and ideas into the little details needed on a double page spread to look professional.

Then finally the finished touches are the page numbers. Like with my contents page and how clash place their page numbers i placed mine in the middle of the two pages to the side, this looks professional and makes my magazine unique for its own take on layouts and designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment