Wednesday 19 March 2014

Evaluation draft question 3.

3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?


After doing research into media institutions doing publications of magazines for the music industry i came to the conclusion IPC media would be the be the best media institution to distribute my media product. Earlier on in my research for my music magazine i already did some research into IPC media for being a possible institution to use for publishing my magazine and i found that they are currently going through a huge success with NME and receive nearly 26 million adult views on this magazine. They are also gaining a lot of their success online for media products they distribute which would hugely help and impact my magazine by adding another dimension to my magazine as using the internet and going online is massive in this generation which i am targeting for readers of my magazine. 

There's also a huge gap in the market for a new indie/alternative music and fashion magazine so i do think IPC media institute could have my magazine and make it a huge success with its history of successful magazine and wanting to be online and up to date with the current generation which my magazine very much is. There magazines being featured online would be ideal for my magazine as my target audience 16-25 year old, indie scenesters, up to date with this generations music and fashion and trying to be different and unique individuals would be found most online searching the internet for new different music and fashion magazines like my own.

Therefore with IPC's outstanding publishing reputation i know this institution would take my magazine far within the open market place down to their brilliant credibility and reputation within this market my magazine would fit into, as well as their know how into new publications which would be my magazine, ALT.

No comments:

Post a Comment