Thursday 20 March 2014

Evaluation draft question 4.

4. Who would be the audience for your media product?


After my research into my target audience for my indie/alternative music and fashion magazine i came to the conclusion that my audience would be ages between 16-25 is for both male and female but feel that with each individual issue it may differ which sex it appears to more due to who the main story is on and on the cover page. Also from my research on UK tribes, i found the perfect target audience for my magazine, indie scenesters. From looking on UK tribes these tribe are always up to date with current and new artists, they are dedicated to finding the newest music, which are what my audience will want in my magazine to tell them about new artists and fashion trends, keeping them up dated. The genre of my music and magazine is alternative indie and it focuses on new, upcoming artists or bands and up to date fashion trends, basically keeping the young generation up to date with their generation. Also in my research i found that this target audience has an open gap in the market for them to found out the latest indie bands and tunes as well fashion trends which is why on the front cover i mentioned some of the artists and fashion trends inside to show the readers and audience whats available inside. 

When designing my magazine i had the fit in with this target audiences style fashion and music to attract them. I tired to style my band artist as one of the target audience so they can relate to this band as one of them but also the magazine, that this magazine follows and holds their style as well by having this band in the magazine. Also being as my magazines not only does music but fashion i had to research my audiences fashion trends to make sure the fashion in my magazine would interest then, such as places like american apparel, zara, well gosh, the wardrobe and other indie fashion shops and styles that would appear in my magazine.

The following are two audience profiles of both sexes within my target audience, after doing research into my audience i think these would be the type of people who would be interested and want to read my magazine. 
                                   
Name:Abbie Green
Age:20
Interests: Indie/alternative music, fashion, music gigs, keeping up to date with current bands and artists, drawing, designing fashion.
Favourite music bands/artists: Foals, The 1975, Tom Odell, Kodaline, Lana Del Ray, Bastille, Mumford and Sons.
Favourite brands and shops: Topshop, I-D, Dazed, ASOS, House of Holland, Zara, Hotmess, American Appeal.
Profession/occupation: Finial year of uni in London, studying fashion design, in a part time job designing shop window displays for the wardrobe shops around London.

Name:Matthew Jones
Age: 18
Interest: Alternative/indie music, fashion, modelling, music festivals, golf, attending music gigs, art.
Favourite music bands/artist: The 1975, Little Comets, Foals, Kings of Leon, ArticMonkeys, Kodaline.
Favourite brands, shops: Topman, Clarks originals, Sound cloud, Carhart, Wellgosh, Dazed, Clash.
Profession/Occupation: Finishing last year of A levels studying art and design, media studies and graphics, going to uni in Bristol to do graphical design but in a part time job modelling for Hollister.

No comments:

Post a Comment