Tuesday 18 March 2014

Evaluation draft question 2.

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?

During the research and planning stages of creating this media product the audience research, audience profile and band profile were very important in making sure my product represented a certain social group. Having this certain social group gave me a clear indication of the type of audience that would be buying my magazine product and also be having a huge impact on the genre and style that will be created by my magazine and band. After doing my research on UK tribes I came to the decision that my magazine would represent the social group of indie scenesters and from this information i found about this social group i made decisions on what genre of music my band would be playing and the style that would magazine would have to use to show this social group i have picked. Choosing a all boy music band was down to my research into current indie bands, which most were all boy bands that apparels and attracts girls as well as boys which suited my target audience of both male and female aged between 16-25. The models used were of my target audience age group which i felt would help incite my audience more as well but they represented my magazine style perfectly. Their simply, bold, youthful and strong looks helped reflect more research i did on photographers (Craig Mcdeand, Richardson and Vauthier) which their style of photography is very much the same as whats used in clash and I-D magazines. The costumes i dressed also represents the social group chosen i aimed my magazine at, their all dressed in white plain tops to make a simply style that indie scenesters style also uses, a simply and unique style which i hoped would incite this audience more. This band that i have created i feel will be an inspiration and idol to my audience by the way i have presented them in my article and photography, they come across as serious music artist but cool, that i think my audience and target social group can relate with and really aspire to and reflect well on my magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment