Saturday 22 March 2014

Evaluation draft question 7.

7. Looking back at your preliminary task (the school magazine task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?


I feel the big progression i have made from my preliminary is my skills on photo shop. I also think my understanding of how a magazine is created and developed in the industry has expanding and i now at the end of this project understand the full process of what goes into making a magazine and how in depth this process really is. 
My knowledge in photo shop has increased significantly, looking back at preliminary and my basic common layout, editing and precision that i used compared to my final product you can see clearly that its at a much higher standard. Using exposure and brightness tools to enhance my photos quality, using the grid to get precise measurements had enabled me to achieve a much more professional looking final product. I also do feel that due to my practice and deeper understanding of basic editing tools i am now much more efficient when it comes to simply task such as inserting and editing different layers and photos, which is something that during my preliminary task i found quite difficult.
Also my knowledge of the magazine music industry has very much improved and this knowledge came from the amount of research i did into real successful magazines and how they attract their certain audience and genre of music. I also believe i increased this knowledge during the drafting process of my magazine and when i got feedback on my research and drafting from my other peers, this meant that i could improve my work and increase my understanding of how i can make my magazine successful when produced.
I think my front cover and contents page of my preliminary to my final design show a key example of progression. The preliminary task was a very brief processes and not much thought went into what i produced and i had no knowledge of other successful music magazines or how the industry worked. I used no precise measurements and it was extremely basic designed, i had no influence of a successful magazine that inspired me, this design was completely off the top of my head. The images for my preliminary were taken in minuets, there's no thought into costume, style or pose that my model did in relation to the magazine genre and target audience. So when looking at my final cover and contents page and the depth of detail i put into the design, the precise placements of the image, subheadings, mast heads and information text all this makes the pages much easier for my target audience to use and more pleasing to look at it as i had some inspiration from successful music magazines of my genre as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment